Migrate the classical reports to SQL Reporting Services in SCCM 2007
Below is a walk thru of how you migrate your existing classical reports to SQL reporting Services in SCCM 2007. Notice that you will still be able to run all classical reports after the migration.
- On you SCCM 2007 site server install either SCCM 2007 R2 or SCCM 2007 R3, both will add SQL Reporting Services support for SCCM 2007.
- In the ConfigMgr. console, navigate to Site Database, Site Management, A01 (where A01 is the sitecode), Site Systems. Right click the Site system server that will become a Reporting Services Point and click New Roles. Select Reporting Services Point and finish the wizard using the default values.
- In the ConfigMgr. console, navigate to Site Database, Computer Management, Reporting, Reporting Services, and expand the node.
- Right-click SCCM1 (where SCCM1 is the name of your server), and then click Properties.
- On the Data Source Settings tab, specify SCCM1 as the database server and SMS_A01as the database name (where SMS_A01 is the name of your SCCM 2007 database. ClickTest.
- On the Data Source Authentication tab, select Windows integrated security.
- Click OK.
- Right-click SCCM1, and select Copy Reports to Reporting Services.
- On the Data Source Settings page, accept the default settings, and click Next.
- On the Data Source Authentication page, accept the default settings, and click Next.
- On the Select Reports page, accept the default settings, and click Next.
- On the Security page, accept the default settings, and click Next.
- On the Summary page, click Next.
- On the Progress page - once all of the reports have copied - click Next and then clickClose.
You can’t use the built-in migration tools to migrate reports from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012. This leaves you with two choices; 1) Download each RDL file one by one from SCCM 2007 and upload them to SCCM 2012 or 2) Use one of the free community tools that can download multiple folders at the time. In my last project I used this tool – ReportSync - to assist me.
- Launch ReportSync
- In Source server type in the name of the SCCM 2007 Report server in form of http://CM01/ReportServer. Provide credentials and click Load
- In Destination server type in the name of the SCCM
2012 Report server in form of http://CM02/ReportServer. Provide credentials and
- Select the folders or individual reports you want
to migrate and click Sync
- Once the process is finished click OK and your reports are now ready in SCCM 2012.
- This tool keeps the old Data source which will
generate an error the first time you run the report.
- Open the report properties (by clicking on the report link)
- Select Data Sources,
click Browse and select the shared SCCM 2012 data source. The
data source is found in Home\ConfigMgr_Sitecode. The data source is the object
with long GUID. Select the data source
click OK and Apply.
- Run the report and verify that it works. There is
no guarantee the all SCCM 2007 reports work out of the box in SCCM 2012.
Download link : http://code.google.com/p/reportsync/downloads/list
All credits goes to Kent.